Friday, March 4, 2011

I Can't Imagine

Good morning little one. It's Friday and I am so happy it is. I need some rest this weekend!

I was listening to the radio this morning and the song "I can only imagine" came on. I continued to drive and thought a lot while the song played. Then I thought, I can't imagine. I can't imagine what I'll do when I get to heaven. I know I'll be in awe of God and Jesus and of all that heaven is. But more than anything, I just want to see you and be with you when I get there. Yes, I am grateful that Jesus is the reason that heaven is attainable for me. And yes, I am grateful, SO GRATEFUL, for everything God has carried me through in life.

But...

But, I can't imagine that I would run to them before I would run to you. How could I? I am hoping that is something God will understand. And I'm hoping that I am ok for feeling that way. It's complicated I guess. That's the only way I know how to explain it.

I do look very forward to the day (many, many years from now hopefully) when I get to see, hug, hold, spend time with and kiss you again. I love doing all of those things with your sisters. I can't imagine what it will be like to get to do those things with you for all of eternity.

I love you.

1 comment:

  1. Sara,
    I found your blog from the "Butterfly Mommies" website. I am so sorry for your loss, but am so appreciative that you would share Carter's story. I am uplifted by your positive attitude. Thank you!
    Ann

    ReplyDelete