Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Good News

Hey Carter. I love you!

Well I got some good news today. My oh so wonderful doctor called and gave me the results of our ultrasound and blood work from last week. We have less than a 1 in 15,000 chance of having a baby with down syndrome and less than a 1 in 27,000 chance of having a baby with trisomy. PRAISE GOD! I was so happy and relieved. Things really seem to be going ok with this pregnancy...knock on wood and cross your fingers and say your prayers...all that fun stuff!

We have still been able to find baby's heartbeat every night which is a relief too. Last night it took a while and I had to convince myself not to freak out about it, but after about 7 or 8 minutes I finally found it just beating away at 156 bpm.

I love hearing that little heart beat every night. It many times brings me back to the 28th of August though when they were trying so hard to find yours. That silence was the loudest sound I think I've ever heard in my entire life. Sitting there trying with all that I am not to break down and cry hysterically while they tried and tried and tried, Buddy. But it just wasn't meant to be. :( I don't know why it ended up like this, Carter. I don't know that I really even "wish" that I knew because I don't think that would make it hurt any less.

There have been some more "good" things that have come out losing you though. Do you remember me telling you about that little one over in Laramie who passed away at around 20 weeks gestation? Well, it turns out his daddy works in the same building as me and his first day back to work was just a couple days ago. We had a nice talk his first day back and it was healing for me to be able to tell him about you and I am really hoping it was a good thing for him too. He has told me more than once since then that he was glad we got to talk, so that makes me happy. I don't understand God. I can't even pretend to understand Him, but I can tell you that He continues to show Himself to me through you. Like I said, I don't have any stinkin' clue why you are gone, but I do know that I am grateful to be able to help others who are on a similar path as me. It's humbling.

Your daddy has been super busy over this last weekend of his from work. Our birthday and anniversary presents to each other this year is a new kitchen table and chairs. So, your daddy has been hard at work making our new kitchen table. (I bought the chairs online.) He is doing a GREAT job. I can't wait to see it when he's done. Like I said, he's working super hard on it and is doing a heck of a job! I know he would have loved to teach you all about wood working. I wonder if he ever thinks about you when he's working on that stuff. I'm sure he does!

Well Carter, I suppose I should get some stuff done. Thanks for being such a wonderful little boy! I love you! Have fun up there with your friends, but be sure you are a good listener. ;) I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment