Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cared about and watched out for

Hey there little boy. =- ) I hope you are doing well up there. Life down here has been okey dokey lately. Well, for the most part anyway! Your little sister is definitely doing her part to keep me sane…she is moving like crazy so I can rest assured that she is doing well in there. We get to go in tomorrow again for our weekly NST and they will take another look at your sister via ultrasound as well to check on her growth.

I’m looking quite forward to this week being over with though (too bad it’s only Tuesday). This is my 35th week so the faster we can get past 35 ½ the happier I’ll be! And I am looking very forward to this weekend because I have some very fun things planned for your daddy and me. The best part of it is that he knows we are going to be doing things but everything will be a surprise. He’ll only know what we are doing as we go to do all of it. FUN!

Like I said earlier, I am feeling okey dokey lately. I have been pretty overwhelmed by the love people continue to show me on a daily basis. I have been told and told and told how many people are saying prayers for our family. And yesterday I had a casual conversation with a guy at work and later in the afternoon he made a specific point to come to my office and show me pictures of his “rainbow” granddaughter. He looked me right in the eye and said that I needed to remember that good things like her happen every day! What a wonderful reminder. Then I had to get some groceries before picking your big sister up and I saw a friend of mine who had a stillborn daughter 19 years ago. I told her that I had contemplated calling her last week because I had been struggling so much and told her what had been going through my mind. And do you know what she did? She just nodded her head and told me that I was feeling things that were/are completely normal. What a relief! Sometimes I feel like I’m the only person in the world that feels the way that I do. That is not only a lonely place to be, it’s also pretty easy to feel crazy.

So all in all, life is going along just as it should I guess. I’m still living in each day and sometimes in each moment and that’s ok by me! I was asked again today how many days I have left of being pregnant and it made me really happy to say I don’t know! All I know is that she’ll be here on September 1st at the latest…the time between then and now doesn’t really need to be worried about. **Aaaahhhhhh that felt really good to write!**

Thank you for teaching me so much about life and about myself, Carter. You are such a blessing to me! I love you!

1 comment:

  1. I love ya girl you are not crazy at all and if you are then so am I. I think of you all the time

    ReplyDelete