Monday, January 18, 2010

3 Day Weekends - January 18, 2010

Hey Buddy! Well, today is the last day of my 3 day weekend. It has been wonderful! I have been able to sleep, to relax and spent a lot of time with your sister.

Unfortunately, your daddy has been on his 8 day (actually night) stretch since last Wednesday so he has been sleeping during the days while your sister and I got to play. She's so silly. Just a little while ago she had her dolly on the ground and was running laps around it. She makes me smile!

I have been pretty good this weekend. I have thought about you a lot. I have wanted to visit you but haven't made it out there since I have been trying to keep quiet with your daddy sleeping (I don't even want to open the garage door). Please know though, that even if I haven't been there to see you since Friday, it doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you. Because you are always on my mind. I love thinking about you. I love remembering you. Just last night I was trying to remember if you had your daddy (& sister's) widow's peak. Granted, it made me sad to have to really sit there and try to remember, but at the same time, it gave me a reason to ask your daddy. So, we had a short, only about 2 or 3 sentence conversation, about you. It made my night! And the conclusion was, NOPE. You didn't have a widow's peak. But you did have a high hairline like your mama. (That's me ;) ) You looked more like me than you sister ever has or ever will.

I wonder who your new little brother/sister will look like. That is always something I wonder with my babies. And you can imagine my surprise when you looked like me! I was convinced that your daddy's features were the dominant ones since your sister looks so much like him, but there you were...a little touch of me. I miss that. I miss seeing you. I wonder what you would look like today, 4 months and 20 days later. What would you be doing? Who would you act like? Would your sister like you by now. (I'm not so dense to think she would have liked you from the start!) Would you have liked laying there looking at your pets? See, there are all these things that I will wonder until I get to see you again in heaven. It's tough Carter. It's a daily struggle. But I make it through. I make it through by leaning on God's promise of getting to see you again in heaven.

Your sister picked her book to read last night before bed. She picked, "God Gave Us Heaven". It's a wonderful book. I think about you every time we read it. It is all about how amazing heaven is and how wonderful it will be when we get there. In the book, it even talks about whether or not we'll get to be with our loved ones again. It makes me feel better when I read things like that. And I know that it's just a book written by some person here on earth. But when I read that I will indeed get to be with you again, not only in books like that, but also in the Bible, that makes all the difference.

Well Carter, I should probably get going since your sister is playing near the potty and that can't be a good thing! I love you! I miss you! I wish I could give you a hug and a kiss! I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment