We had a big end to our week last week. Your Bumpa and Nana came down here so Bumpa could interview for that job. I guess it is his if he wants it. Now there are just some logistics to figure out to see if it will work or not.
Also, we had our first doctor's appointment for your little brother/sister on Friday. Here's what I wrote to our friends after the appointment:
Great news! The baby (aka Squiggles) is doing GREAT! He/She is measuring right on at 7 weeks and everything looks completely normal! We'll go in for another ultrasound in four weeks.



We even discussed delivery today. (A little early I know ;) ) The doctor said that my official due date is September 10, and that he would be in Afghanistan during September and October. He then told me that I wouldn't see September pregnant and that he wouldn't miss this one. He had previously mentioned inducing at 38 1/2 weeks. Today he said we could do an amnio at 37 weeks to check for lung maturity and that if everything looked good we could induce then. So, it looks like Squiggles may make his/her arrival even before Carter's 1st heavenly birthday!
Keep praying! We definitely need all the prayers we can get!
On another note, please keep my friend, Monica, and her husband in your prayers. They found out today at her appointment that her baby had passed away a few weeks ago (at about 15 weeks). She should be in for her D&C right about now. This was her first pregnancy that actually started as twins, she lost the baby's twin about 6 weeks ago and then this. What a heartbreak!
So, there was really good news on Friday with our baby doing well, but then I was really sad when I heard about my friend Monica. I checked on her again today to see how she was doing and all she could say was that she's just so sad. It breaks my heart Buddy. It isn't fair. It isn't right. Babies shouldn't die. I know it's hard on so many people, but it's so hard on us mommies. But, there's nothing I can do other than pray and be her friend. So that's what I'll do. You be sure to take extra special care of her little one for her until she gets there ok?
Your poor sister is sick today. She has a fever of 103*. And Sequoia is at the vet because she had a lump on her side. And our friends have a new baby today. They had a little boy. It's been quite a day so far! He will probably be the first baby I will have held since you. We'll see when that happens and hopefully I'll be ok when it does. I am super happy for them. They really wanted a little boy to go with their little girl so it's perfect!
Well Carter, I suppose I should get to work. I love you and miss you a lot today. I hope you are having fun up there. I can't believe that on Friday we will celebrate your 5 month heavenly birthday. Five months ago I was oblivious. Five months ago I had so many hopes and dreams for you. Five months ago you were still alive inside of me. It doesn't make sense Carter. That is once again another thing I will never understand. I love you though. I hope you have a fun day with all of your friends. I love you!




Sara, I have to tell you, this post made me cry! I am so happy for you and that everything looks good! Thank you for posting your ultrasound pictures. They are so beautiful! Please tell your friend Monica that I am praying for her. My heart just breaks over and over when I hear that others have to suffer through the same thing that we have to.
ReplyDeleteSARA!!!! Jenna told me you're pregnant! I haven't talked to you in so long...I didn't even know! I'm so excited for you, you have you idea! You're probably about 9 weeks now, so I hope everything is going smoothly. I'll pray for you like crazy! You're such a strong mommy! :) Much love!
ReplyDelete